Concrete Dry Shrinkage Control
How to contrOl dry shrinKage cracking?
Green Canvas Expansive Component
GreenCanvas expansive component is a cementitious, inorganic powder – when added to a standard concrete mix, will produce a shrinkage compensating concrete (SCC); Type G (ACI-223R-10) .
GreenCanvas is a specialty concrete component classified by type based on the chemical mechanism used to obtain expansion in the concrete matrix during the curing process. Structure design, concrete mix design, and placement guidance is provided by the American Concrete Institute (ACI) document ACI 223 “Guide for the Use of Shrinkage Compensating Concrete” and compliance and quality assurance can be measured by standard ASTM tests and procedures.
Cut Your Labor
Eliminates the labor needed to cut and fill joints. Also enables larger, monolythic pours.
Cut Your Downtime
No need to schedule concrete cutting or joint filling. No time added to the placement schedule. GreenCanvas is added in the mix.
Cut Your Environmental Impact
Repair and tear out waste due to cracking is eliminated. Mechanical bond with re-inforcement results in a more sustainable slab.
Dry Shrinkage Control
The Green Umbrella Green Canvas Expansive Component creates durable, sustainable concrete.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Few, if any, Shrinkage Cracks
- Large, Monolithic Pours
- Savings From Traditional Slabs Requiring Joints/Joint Filler
- Eliminates Joints and Minimizes Dry Shrinkage
- Reduced Intrusion into the Concrete
- Reduced Exposure of Rebar to Corrosion and Elements
- Chloride Exposure is Reduced
- Reduced Washboard Effect on Highways Due to Curling
- Elimination or Reduction of Shrinkage Cracks
- Promotes Even Aggregate Reveal
- Few, if any Joints, Enhancing Appearance & Improving Cost Savings
- No Issues With Slab Curl at Joints or Around Edges
Additional Features & Benefits
- Reduces or Eliminates Dry Shrinkage Cracks
- Reduction in Joints allowing large Monolithic Pours
- Eliminates Slab Edge Curling
- Transparent in the Mix
- Expansion occurs independently
- Does not require any special handling, placing, finishing or curing techniques and procedures
- Sustainable; based on life cycle, composition, labor savings, and maintenance
- GreenCanvas is a green product. Does not contain chemicals, unlike most Shrinkage Reducing Admixtures
- Cost savings of GreenCanvas offsets costs incurred cutting and installing joints
- Reduction in joints, eliminates costly installation repairs on joints
- Cuts Labor, Cuts Down time
Eliminate dry-shrinkage cracking