MaxDefense For Mechanically Processed/PHP Concrete
Making the Complex…Simple. Green Umbrella treatment systems take what may be complex; concrete processing, refinement, protection and maintenance and simplify it. Using a family of concrete treatments that frequently outperform other methods and products and consistently perform anywhere architectural concrete is called for.
Highest Abrasion Resistance – 91% Chloride Screen – Penetrating Surface Contaminant Protection
Reference – ASTM D-1308 Testing was completed on 1 cubic inch concrete samples that had been treated with a three-part protocol using DryShield, Shield & Enhance and Microfilm (or RTU Microfilm). Each cube was completely immersed in the respective chemicals for 48 hours. No visually perceptible changes occurred in any sample surface texture or appearance (color).
Chemical Resistance to:
0.1% weight gain
30wt Motor Oil
0.007% weight gain
Skydrol 500 B-4
0.05% weight gain
It’s easy to see the difference! A systems approach is a must. Process, Treatments and Colorant must work together.
It is not an easy thing to keep colorants close to the surface so they can be seen, at the same time remaining within the concrete so as to not walk off. Locating color within the substrate surface and not allowing it to fall into the deep subsurface will keep colorants vibrant.
In the picture: down the hall you see a competitor’s floor that failed – the color “walked off” months after installation. Reportedly on the first day of school children had concrete dye on the soles of their shoes.
In the foreground you see where the previous system was removed and Green Umbrella MaxDefense with Colorant was installed. The color is now locked in, protected and vibrant.
Maximize your Architectural Concrete Floors Return on Investment (ROI) by:
- A sustainable and repeatable Process.
- Concrete Treatments Featuring:
- Densifiers that are not water soluble which increase abrasion resistance and surface hardness or prevent chloride (salt) damage.
- Colorants that will penetrate and remain vibrant and UV stable (when called for).
- Impregnating Stain Protectants that repel water, oil, acids and other organic or non-organic contaminants that could breakdown the concrete surface.
- Stain Resistance (Up to 48 Hours) 97% 97%
- Chloride Intrusion (Salt Resistance) 91% 91%
- Abrasion Resistance 100% 100%
Get In touch to find out what MaxDefense can do for your next concrete project.
20 Jetview Drive
Rochester, NY 14624
M-F: 9am – 5pm