RESISTING SALT & WATER
Green Umbrella® Shield & Protect™ is an environmentally formulated, premium hardener and concrete surface protectant. Engineered as a chloride and water repellant for any concrete substrate, road, or bridge, substantially preserving and increasing its lifecycle. Prevents concrete off-dusting and does not contribute to alkali-silica reaction while at the same time providing exceptional resistance to the damaging effects of water and salt with over ninety-percent chloride intrusion prevention. The addition of a chloride screen significantly protects industrial and infrastructure concrete in applications where salt water and deicers are present. Shield & Protect takes only one S.O.L.O™ application and is packaged R.T.U.™, resisting contaminants in all concrete applications for sustainable, maintainable concrete.
EXPLORE GREEN UMBRELLA ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATIONS
Whether interior or exterior, vertical or horizontal, use Green Umbrella® products in:
• Demanding applications like warehouse and distribution centers, food service facilities, parking decks and garages, hospitals, and similar structures
• Decorative color applications like retail spaces and showrooms, restaurants, business offices, lobby areas, museums, municipalities, airports, hospitals, schools, fire stations, and most concrete surfaces
A Shield Defending Your Investment
Shield & Protect™ is exceptionally resistant to the damaging effects of salt (chloride) and provides up to 91% concrete protection, exceeding NCHRP-244 protection standard requirements. Damage from salt on concrete surfaces requires billions of dollars each year to repair, replace, or refurbish. The treatment protects your investment and denies salt entry into concrete capillaries, protecting against surface and subsurface damage.
Solid Salt Resistance
Shield Concrete Color and Repel Contaminants
Shield & Protect utilizes advanced concrete treatment technology that couples a modern lithium densifier with a chemical formulation designed to resist salt and other contaminants from penetrating the concrete surface and damaging the architectural concrete subsurface.
Within the Green Umbrella® Max Defense™ system, Shield & Protect provides ASTM-1308 protection against concrete and groundwater contaminants, such as aviation fluid. Using Shield & Protect on architectural concrete floors receiving color enhancement will ensure the colorant will remain within the surface and not exit the concrete. It will protect what you have invested in and provide what you expect from your concrete—a durable, aesthetically pleasing surface impervious to nature.
Powerful Shop Protectant
Shield & Protect’s Primary Feature: SHIELD YOUR
CONCRETE FROM CHLORIDE
Shield & Protect screens concrete against deicers and saltwater and is the hardener of choice for freeze-thaw environments.
CUT YOUR LABOR
- S.O.L.O.™ application and R.T.U.™ treatment
- Eliminate multiple applications needed with similar products
- Alternative to laborious flooring solutions
CUT YOUR DOWNTIME
- 20-minute dwell time
- Short dry time
- 3 hours to traffic and abrasive cut
CUT YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- Epoxy alternative and optional product reduction
- Extends the lifecycle of concrete
- No VOCs
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Superior chloride intrusion prevention
- Repels water, oil, and shop chemicals while it darkens and enhances the natural beauty of concrete
- Can be polished to semigloss
- Breathable surface
- Will not yellow
- Increases hardness ¼ inch deep and reduces porosity
- Requires no rinsing and disposal and will not gel on the surface
- Can be allowed to air dry
- Decreases black tire markings from lift trucks and equipment, improving the appearance
- Stands up to heavy abrasion and foot traffic while providing excellent slip resistance
- Resistant to most deicers
- Prevents the scaling of concrete
If specifying more than Shield & Protect,
make the complex simple
by checking out complete Green Umbrella concrete systems.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Contact us to learn how Shield & Protect can be used on your next architectural concrete project.
20 Jetview Drive
Rochester, NY 14624
M-F: 9am – 5pm