Level 4 Reinforcement
REINFORCE, NEVER RE-TIE
Green Umbrella® Fi-Flex™ is a variable dose, insoluble, secondary reinforcement concrete fiber uniquely designed to enhance flexural strength and performance. Providing isotropic, three-dimensional, fibrillated fiber reinforcement with a strength comparable to welded wire fabric (WWF) or light rebar without the potential for failure due to alkali or corrosion. Even Fi-Flex dispersion promotes impermeable concrete resistant to concrete cracking due to fatigue and enhanced post-crack flexural performance. A secondary reinforcement with equal strength to WWF, Fi-Flex reinforces without needing large mats or light rebar materials, freight, labor, and installation, or potential vapor barrier damage due to puncture. Place and finish crews no longer have to maintain full-field steel reinforcement, re-tie bars, or reset chairs. Attack crack formation and reinforce the concrete matrix with doses starting at 3 lb. per c/y.
The next generation of reinforcement
Green Umbrella® Fi-Flex™ is a uniquely designed concrete fiber that can be used as a powerful reinforcement.
Fi-Flex is a true replacement for wire mesh, mats, and rebar to reduce cracking due to stress on the slab. It provides three-dimensional reinforcement throughout the concrete.
Fi-Flex is a multi-stranded mat fiber that displaces evenly. It doesn’t clump or protrude and is transparent in the mix, meaning it does not affect the final look of the concrete, including when polished or dyed.
CUT YOUR LABOR
- Eliminate installation of WWF or light rebar
- No light rebar or chairs
- Easily introduced into the mix
CUT YOUR DOWNTIME
- No WWF or light rebar on-site, eliminating injury hazards
- Simple batch mixing and limited freight
- No steel supply chain limitations
CUT YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- Extends lifecycle of concrete
- Alkali resistant and non-corrosive
- Increased impact and wear resistance
Compression Tests of Concrete Cylinders
Isotropic reinforcement means fiber-reinforced concrete is stronger from top to bottom.
- Top 62% 62%
- Middle 75% 75%
- Bottom 87.5% 87.5%
- Top 25% 25%
- Middle 50% 50%
- Bottom 87.5% 87.5%
Green Umbrella® Fi-Flex™ is a uniquely designed concrete fiber that can be used as a powerful reinforcement. Fi-Flex can be used as a replacement for wire mesh and rebar.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Enhances performance and durability
• Provides secondary reinforcement
• True replacement for rebar
• Alkali resistant and non-corrosive
• Mixes well in concrete
• High-impact resistance
Additional Features & Benefits
• Fi-Flex added to concrete mechanically locks in the fresh concrete matrix, controlling plastic shrinkage
• Fi-Flex provides secondary reinforcement that helps eliminate crack formation that causes permanent weakening of the concrete
• With Fi-Flex, concrete is less permeable, has a smooth surface, and is highly impact resistant
• Replaces welded wire fabric and rebar
• Fi-Flex is even better than N 200 due to ionic bonding
• Meets requirements for ASTM C1116/1116M, Section 4.1.3 & Note 3.
• Also meets requirements of ICC ES AC32 Section 3.1.1 & 3.1.2
• Increased fiber count and improved residual strength
• ARS of over 50 psi