Level 3 Reinforcement
The next generation of reinforcement
Green Umbrella & Fi-bar
Green Umbrella™ Fi-bar added to the concrete mix enhances the matrix and adds strength and stability.
Green Umbrella™ Fi-bar provides a secondary reinforcement and in some cases complete rebar replacement without the worry of corrosion. With Green Umbrella™ Fi-bar, concrete placement is faster.
With Fi-bar, concrete is less permeable, facilitates a smooth surface, is highly impact resistant and improves your bottom line.
Cut Your Labor
Reinforcement in the mix.
Like throwing a wire mesh mat and rebar into the mixer. Instead of spending hours tying rebar and mesh reinforcement on the ground, Fi-bar is reinforcement in the mix.
Cut Your Downtime
Repair time dramatically reduced.
The time spent returning to cracks for repair is dramatically reduced/eliminated. After the pour and finish, a project moves forward without needing to set aside time for repairs such as punctured vapor barriers, cracking due to mat misplacement, or plastic cracking.
Cut Your Environmental Impact
Less manufactured materials are needed. For example the amount of large, heavy metal mats is reduced, meaning less industrial waste and transportation pollution.
Compression Tests of Concrete Cylinders
Isotropic reinforcement means fiber reinforced concrete is stronger from top to bottom.
Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- Top 62% 62%
- Middle 75% 75%
- Bottom 87.5% 87.5%
- Top 25% 25%
- Middle 50% 50%
- Bottom 87.5% 87.5%
Green Umbrella Fi-bar is a modified nylon fiber that disburses evenly. It doesn’t clump with little protrusion, making it virtually transparent in the mix. Meaning specifying and using Fi-bar will not negatively impact the final look.
Features and Benefits
• Enhances performance & durability
• Provides secondary reinforcement
• True replacement for rebar
• Alkali resistant & non-corrosive
• Insoluble in water
• Mixes well in concrete
• High impact resistance
• Excellent finishability
Additional Features & Benefits for
Fi-bar Reinforcement Fibers:
• Fi-bar added to concrete mechanically locks in the fresh concrete matrix, controlling plastic shrinkage.
• Fi-bar provides secondary reinforcement which helps eliminate crack formation that causes permanent weakening of the resultant concrete.
• With Fi-bar, concrete is less permeable, has a smooth surface, is highly impact resistant and improves your Bottom Line.
•Replaces 6 x 6, W1.4 x W1.4 (8 gauge welded wire fabric) and in some cases rebar
• Fi-bar is even better than N 200 due to ionic bonding
• Meets requirements for ASTM C1116/1116M, Section 4.1.3 & Note 3.
• Also meets requirements of ICC ES AC32 Section 3.1.1 & 3.1.2
• Increased fiber-count and improved residual strength
• ARS [Average Residual Strength] of over 50 psi