How to reduce and eliminate joints and curling?
GreenCanvas Expansive Component
GreenCanvas expansive component is a cementitious inorganic powder, when added to a standard concrete mix, will produce a shrinkage compensating concrete (SCC); Type G (ACI-223R-10) .
GreenCanvas is a specialty concrete component classified by type based on the chemical mechanism used to obtain expansion in the concrete matrix during the curing process. Structure design, concrete mix design, and placement guidance is provided by the American Concrete Institute (ACI) document ACI 223 “Guide for the Use of Shrinkage Compensating Concrete” and compliance and quality assurance can be measured by standard ASTM tests and procedures.
Cut Your Labor
Eliminates the labor needed to cut joints and fill joints. Also enables larger pours.
Cut Your Downtime
No need to schedule concrete cutting or joint filling. No added time to schedule, GreenCanvas is added in the mix.
Cut Your Environmental Impact
Repair and tear out waste due to cracking is eliminated. End result is a more sustainable slab.
Joint and Curl Free Concrete
Green Umbrella GreenCanvas expansive component creates durable, sustainable concrete.
Green Umbrella Canvas Control System
The Canvas Control system addresses the common concrete problems of curling, cracking at joints and seams with a simple step-by-step process. GreenCanvas allows the design professional to design the ideal concrete floor from pour to polish.
GreenCanvas is a specialty concrete component classified by type based on the chemical mechanism used to obtain expansion in the concrete matrix during the curing process.
The Canvas Control system is designed to give you a concrete surface which can be shaped with aggregate, integral color, expansive components and a variety of finishes to add beauty and value to your project.
Learn more about our products
” Imagine the improved appearance and functionality of concrete without joints”
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Few, if any, Shrinkage Cracks
- Large, Monolithic Pours
- Savings From Traditional Slabs Requiring Joints/Joint Filler
- Eliminates Joints and Minimizes Dry Shrinkage
- Reduced Intrusion into the Concrete
- Reduced Exposure of Rebar to Corrosion and Elements
- Chloride Exposure is Reduced
- Reduced Washboard Effect on Highways Due to Curling
- Elimination or Reduction of Shrinkage Cracks
- Promotes Even Aggregate Reveal
- Few, if any Joints, Enhancing Appearance & Improving Cost Savings
- No Issues With Slab Curl at Joints or Around Edges For Eliminating
Additional Features & Benefits for Polished Concrete
- Reduces or Eliminates Dry Shrinkage Cracks
- Reduction in Joints allowing large Monolithic Pours
- Eliminates Slab Edge Curling
- Transparent in the Mix
- Expansion occurs independently
- Does not require any special handling, placing, finishing or curing techniques and procedures
- Sustainable; based on life cycle, composition, labor savings, and maintenance
- GreenCanvas is a green product, it does not contain chemicals, unlike Shrinkage Reducing Admixtures
- Cost savings of GreenCanvas offsets costs incurred cutting and installing joints
- Reduction in joints, eliminates costly installation repairs on joints
In a Poll of over 200 Design Professionals
Do you have concerns about curling and cracking concrete?
- Yes 79% 79%
What most appeals to you about a systems approach?
- Fewer Product Conflicts 57% 57%