Joint & Curl Free Slabs
How to reduce and eliminate joints and curling?
GreenCanvas Expansive Component
Green Canvas expansive component is a cementitious, inorganic powder – when added to a standard concrete mix it will produce a shrinkage compensating concrete (SCC); Type G (ACI-223R-10) .
GreenCanvas is a specialty concrete component classified by type, based on the chemical mechanism used to obtain expansion in the concrete matrix during the curing process. Structure design, concrete mix design, and placement guidance is provided by the American Concrete Institute (ACI) document ACI-223 “Guide for the Use of Shrinkage Compensating Concrete”. Compliance and quality assurance can be measured by standard ASTM test methods and procedures.
Cut Your Labor
Eliminates the labor needed to cut and fill joints. Enables larger, monolythic pours.
Cut Your Downtime
No need to schedule concrete cutting or joint filling. No added time to typical placement schedule, GreenCanvas is added in the mix.
Cut Your Environmental Impact
Repair and tear out waste due to cracking is eliminated. End result – a more sustainable slab.
Joint and Curl Free Concrete
Green Umbrella GreenCanvas expansive component creates durable, sustainable concrete.
Green Umbrella Canvas Control System
The Canvas Control System addresses common and frustrating enemies of Architectural Concrete: curling, cracking and excessive joints and joint filler. GreenCanvas allows design professional to design the ideal concrete floor from pour to polish. CSI format specifications and products that Cut Labor, Cut Downtime and Cut Environmental Impact while being introduced on the day of placement.
GreenCanvas is a specialty concrete component classified by type based on the chemical mechanism used to obtain expansion in the concrete matrix during the curing process.
Canvas Control is designed to give you a concrete surface which can be shaped with aggregate, integral color, expansive components and a variety of finishes to add beauty and value to your project.
Learn more about our products
“Imagine the improved appearance and functionality of concrete without joints”
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Application: Standard Concrete
Few, if any, Shrinkage Cracks
- Large, Monolithic Pours
- Savings From Traditional Slabs Requiring Joints/Joint Filler
Application: Bridge Deck
Eliminates Joints and Minimizes Dry Shrinkage
- Reduced Intrusion into the Concrete
- Reduced Exposure of Rebar to Corrosion and Elements
- Chloride Exposure is Reduced
- Reduced Washboard Effect on Highways Due to Curling
- May eliminate the need for Epoxy Coated Re-bar
Application: Polished Concrete
Elimination or Reduction of Shrinkage Cracks
- Promotes even aggregate reveal
- Few, if any Joints. Enhancing Appearance & Improving Cost Savings
- No Issues With Slab Curl at Joints or Around Edges
Additional Features & Benefits
- Reduces or Eliminates Dry Shrinkage Cracks
- Reduction in Joints allowing large Monolithic Pours
- Eliminates Slab Edge Curling
- Transparent in the Mix
- Expansion occurs independently
- Does not require any special handling, placing, finishing or curing techniques and procedures
- Sustainable; based on life cycle, composition, labor savings, and maintenance
- GreenCanvas is a green product, it does not contain chemicals unlike Shrinkage Reducing Admixtures
- Cost savings of GreenCanvas offsets costs incurred cutting and installing joints
- Reduction in joints, eliminates costly installation repairs on joints
- Cuts Labor, Cuts Down time