Green Umbrella Master Craftsman Certification
A Green Umbrella Master Craftsman combines day of placement and concrete finishing experience and capabilities with the knowledge and equipment necessary to craft mechanically polished concrete. He is truly a one stop shop for pour to polish concrete system solutions.
Why use a Green Umbrella certified Master Craftsman?
Increasing numbers of Architects and Design Professionals are suggesting polished concrete to their clients who want a flooring option that is green, durable and easy to maintain. The challenge is finding a contractor who can consistently rise to the expectation of the Owner, meet or exceed the specification handed down by the Architect and can be relied upon to craft a high quality product in the field. To meet this need, Green Umbrella has been instructing and training contractors in the Green Umbrella Engineered Polished Concrete mechanical process using proven treatment applications that create a green, durable, easy to maintain architectural concrete floor. When contractors complete our comprehensive training program successfully, we can confidently refer them to you.
Green Umbrella is committed, is my Contractor?
We have committed to setting a high standard and providing the resources for our Craftsman to succeed every day they pull on their boots, put on their gear.
Each Green Umbrella Certified Master Craftsman understands the responsibility that comes with their education.
A Green Umbrella Craftsman:
- uses a true mechanical process to prep/profile/hone/polish any concrete slab to meet client expectations
- understands what a specification is, what it calls for and how best to achieve it
- understands that exposing rock and applying a resinous sealer or wax does not equal concrete refinement nor does it meet a Green Umbrella specification
- uses alternative fuels (propane or diesel) that create a smaller carbon footprint than gasoline or coal produced electricity
- has received education in alternative fuel safety
- does initial grinding and coating removal with an environmentally sound wet process favorably impacting IAQ (indoor air quality) during and after construction
- grinds all the way to the wall, unless otherwise specified using matrix control abrasives from Green Umbrella
- is certified to introduce colorants into concrete
- uses all applicable Green Umbrella concrete treatments to protect the floor and avoid any contribution to air or water pollution
- has a working knowledge of concrete, specifically how treatments introduced relate to the long-term success of a profiled/honed/polished floor
- has basic OSHA education and works to meet standards
- has basic education in and adhere to rules and regulations for disposal of slurry, dust and other potential pollutants
- ascribes to a code of ethics
- is annually certified to keep up with technology and product improvements
- is an enthusiastic leader in GREEN building techniques
- has the ability to manage and meet client expectations
GreenIce™ creates a durable concrete floor with a gloss shine.
G r e e n I ce Cure System™, creates a concrete slab with a surface that looks like ice! The process begins with our two-part curing products IceStart and IceStop. These unique curing agents are specially designed to work with the concrete trowel to reduce or eliminate common problems flatwork finishers face. With our third product, IceCap, you can achieve the same brilliance as would a Grind Hone and Polish floor specified for many box stores and warehouses. All with less labor, less downtime and less environmental impact. Giving the look and clarity of a fresh sheet of ice over a concrete slab.
Properly cured/protected concrete with a tight finish, and moderate gloss with GreenIce Cure System™.
Features & Benefits
• Ease of finishing, eliminates false set
• Reduces drag on the concrete, meets slip resistance standard
• Reduces subsurface lateral microcracking
• Remove cat faces
• Retards set times in hot weather
• Does not extend set times in cold weather
• Allows finishing of dry shake as if it is normal concrete
• Looks like a mechanically polished (GHP) floor
• Better protection than found on mechanically finished floors
• Opens new markets for flat-work contractors
How do I benefit as a certified Master Craftsman?
Contractor Friendly Treatment Systems, Equipment & Abrasives
- Densifiers do not require a scrub-in/scrub-out installation process
- Colorants penetrate and stay in concrete
- Industry leading square feet per gallon application ratios
- Liquid cutting agents save abrasive tooling and reduce steps
- Environmentally friendly, always ready propane powered equipment
- Abrasives engineered to achieve specific refinement producing known, repeatable results
- Access to Green Umbrella Integrally Troweled Cure
Architect & Owner Preferred
- Proven advanced chemical technology
- Specification driven, repeatable results
- Best practice wet cut system
- Densifiers do not wash out
- Colorants do not walk-off
- Guards protect the mechanical polish and investment from contaminants
- Green Umbrella Engineered Polished Concrete looks better, lasts longer and is easier to maintain using Green Umbrella’s unique line of concrete maintenance products
Get In touch below. Register to Request a Master Craftsman Certification.
20 Jetview Drive
Rochester, NY 14624
M-F: 9am – 5pm